Wednesday, October 13, 2004


Nasty John Edwards whopper caught last week by the highly-trained whopper-sniffing bloodhouds of the Washington Post:
Edwards also asserted that "the president is proposing a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage that is completely unnecessary." But Bush simply endorsed such an amendment that had already been introduced on Capitol Hill.
President Bush in tonight's debate:
I believe in the sanctity of marriage. I think it's very important that we protect marriage as an institution between a man and a woman. I proposed a constitutional amendment. The reason I did so was because I was worried that activist judges are actually defining the definition of marriage, and the surest way to protect marriage between a man and woman is to amend the Constitution.
Okay, you're the Post. What do you do? Retroactively reduce John Edwards's whopper tally by one, or add another whopper to the President's column?

Petty? Yeah, we're petty. And your point is?

UPDATE: From the transcripts:
Mr. Kerry: Six months after he said Osama bin Laden must be caught dead or alive this president was asked, where's Osama bin Laden? And he said, "I don't know. I don't really think about very much. I'm not that concerned." We need a president who stays deadly focused on the real war on terror.

Mr. Bush: Gosh, I don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. That's kind of one of those exaggerations.

| | Technorati Links | to Del.icio.us