<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 03, 2005

Why Rumsfeld Can't Read 

If he did, he might be expected to answer a question every once in a blue moon. The wit and wisdom of our modern-day Sergeant Schultz, culled from "Rummy Rules," a highly amusing TomDispatch by Nick Turse:
  • I have not read the report, and I think I'll leave it there. And I have been quite busy this morning, and I wasn't able to see any of the testimony.

  • My problem is that number one, it's not something I've read, it's not something I've been briefed on… I'm afraid I've responded as fully as I'm currently capable of doing.

  • Well, I haven't seen the poll. I've seen polls that say very much the opposite of that.

  • I have no idea. I've never heard anything like that and it wouldn't be the Department of Defense that would be involved anyway.

  • I know nothing about the front-page Washington Post article.

  • [Y]es, of what you're saying, I'm not in a position to comment on because I just have no knowledge of it.

  • I have no idea. I don't know about the protest. I have seen -- there are various --

  • Well, I don't -- I don't think I have, but I don't know. I'd have to check. And I don't know that I'd answer it if I did find out that we had. But I don't believe we have.

  • [H]ad there been anything like that, I would have heard something of it, and I've never heard of anything like that.

  • I don't think I have, but I don't know. I'd have to check.

  • I didn't read the article.

  • I have not followed what's been -- I've not read these articles.

  • You don't believe everything you read in the newspaper, do you?

| | Technorati Links | to Del.icio.us