<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Dear Lord, Deliver Us from the Corruption and Mendacity of Our Leaders. Also Fix the Pothole 

Via Zemblan patriot J.D.: It must be working. He hasn't fallen off any scooters lately:
"America is a nation of prayer. It's impossible to tell the story of our nation without telling the story of people who pray," Bush said during a White House celebration of the National Day of Prayer. "At decisive moments in our history and in quiet times around family tables, we are a people humbled and strengthened and blessed by prayer" . . . .

"In my travels across the great land, a comment that I hear often from our fellow citizens is, `Mr. President, I pray for you and your family.' It's amazing how many times a total stranger walks up and says that to me," Bush said. "You'd think they'd say, `How about the bridge?' Or, `How about filling the potholes?' No, they say, `I've come to tell you I pray for you, Mr. President'."
However, when they need a little brush cleared . . . .

Scarcely a day goes by when we do not pray for the President. To do what, it would be unkind to say.

| | Technorati Links | to Del.icio.us